Monday, January 29, 2007

____and i was a child again!____

The Landscape lies remorseless;
The express train hurtles away,
Just then! a drop falls on my lap;
and aah! to my Childhood........... I am carried away.......
.........................
Every season had its fun,
Every fest had joy and delight!
Memories of the childhood
Are so bright................

As I would relish the home-made sweets,
The pitter-patter of the falling rain wouldbeckon me;
I would run to peek and try to sneak..........
but oh! my mom was there to see

As the Monsoon departed in its dripping glory,
Autumn came...time for a walk;
Crunchy leaves would carpet my path;
Chill air caress my arms....

The festival season is then on its onset;
Dussehra, Diwali, Christmas,Id.......
and........November weddings were always a treat;
And how I loved making new year greets!

Winter would then leave reluctanatly,
Holi would trudge in too earlyand slowly the clime would become drowsy;
me and my dolls would stay dizzy..........
.........

Glossy memories played in my mind...
And on an impulse I alighted on the station.....
......The liquid needles fell on me .........
...................And I was a child again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.